Wednesday, June 9, 2010

M.I.A.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Ok so I know I have been a little M.I.A. from the blogging world.  From the internet world actually.  There has been a lot going on!  First I had to make a cake for my favorite uncle's 49th birthday.  Chocolate cake and Vanilla buttercream icing.  Alas, I finished it SO last minute I didnt get to take a picture of it.  :(  But this was my inspiration:


Yep...Minus the giant numbers on top.  The outside of mine was white not chocolate.  And it was one tier not two.  And I made lots of  white and red chocolate transfer candles and placed them on the sides just like this.  :)  My aunt took a picture of it tho....maybe she will send me a copy of a photo so I can post it *hint hint* 

While I was testing cake recipes I decided to make us a chocolate whopper cake....it's like chocolate x10!!  Overload.  It's delicious.  Alas, again no pictures...sigh.  But that is another post.  You know I will have to make another one of those...;)


Ok so then my cousin and his wife had their baby and so you know me, I HAD to make them cookies!  Naturally....
She decorated her nursery in Peter Rabbit.  So I FINALLY got to use my new toy.  My edible ink printer.  Yeah buddy.  And I made a dozen cookies.  But AGAIN no pictures.  My husbands hotel was hosting an anime convention that weekend (AKON) and he took the camera to work to take pictures of everyone's strange get-ups.  So no pics of them....but here is the photo I used:

Turned out WAY better (and faster) than my attempt at hand painting the little guy.  That was....well....
let's just say that a lot of people gave me that kind "great effort" pat on the back that really translates to "my kid could do that but you're nice and I don't want to hurt your feelings..."

I told hubby last night that it had been a while since I had posted anything on the blog.  Or the cookie forum.  *Just FYI the cookie forum I refer to is Cookiers R Us.  Great place to go for all things cookie*  He looked at me and said "Does that mean it's time to bake AGAIN?"  Yes.  Yes it is.


0 comments:

 

Blog Design by Eedee Design Studios